30.11.10

Christmas Decorations

My Den Mantle Christmas 2009
I find that people's home decor, especially holiday decor, is greatly influenced by what they grew up seeing.  

I grew up with needlepoint stockings, a real cedar tree, fresh greenery, nutcrackers and my favorite a Christmas mouse.  

Since beginning my own Christmas traditions with the LML, I have kept the needlepoint stockings, fresh greenery and nutcrackers.  I did deviate from the cedar tree since they are flimsy, but I still need that fresh tree smell.  I also like to wait and put the tree up the week prior to Christmas and leave it up until after thanksgiving.  

Another new tradition that Hubby and I are incorporating is a Fontini nativity scene.  We are actually going to get a new piece each year for a while.  In fact, so far we have the stable and the holy family.  I have to go to the store and purchase our next piece soon.

In addition, I have an extensive collection of Christmas themed music boxes that I have gotten over the years.  I start pulling these out right after thanksgiving and slowly add more Christmas decor leading up to the tree the weekend prior to Christmas.

No comments:

Post a Comment