6.6.11

Wading in the Water

FORTY-EIGHT HOURS LATER...The pool is filled.  I am really dreading the water bill now!  In fact, I think I might cry.  48 hours of the water running constantly was not only going to hit my pocket book, it also drove me crazy.
I was not able to run the washing machine, dish washer or even take a shower without having to first cut the water off to the pool because of our stinky water pressure!  So umm...no clothes or dishes was cleaned for 48 hours!  (I just wanted that thing filled!)

The good news is that the pool is filled and no more 48 hours of water running needed this summer!  Yippee!

The bad news is that our filter/pump system is not working.  The plumber and I were able to coordinate our schedule for him to come back on this Friday morning.  That means that until the pool cleaning robot arrives on Wednesday, the only cleaning the pool gets is from me skimming it and the chemicals I add to the pool.  Not ideal but in this weather, I will take it!

In fact, I embraced it so much that I am now almost a bright pink/red on my legs from having fun in the pool!

I did toss my medium sized dog in the pool on Friday because she needed to get wet.  And then on Saturday, I did load her up on the foam raft and left her float around the pool with me.  Unfortunately, she did not appreciate either event and now hides from me under the fig tree or the outdoor sofa.  (I promise now actual harm was done to her...she is just stubborn.)

Anyways, Have a wonderful Monday and stay cool during this hot summer!

2 comments:

  1. Part of me really wishes we had a pool. But that thought of actually having to deal with it and take care of it all. Well I'm not sure I'm quite ready for that. Maybe some day when we have kids who really want one...

    ReplyDelete
  2. I definitely find the upkeep to be daunting. I am ever grateful that we purchased a pool robot and hope to keep it working for me!

    ReplyDelete