22.6.11

Father's day


I just finished spending the afternoon on a local river with my father to celebrate his special day.
I grew up spending many summer days cruising the local rivers with my dad. I can always say it was an adventure.
This year was no different! My dad bought his current boat for $600 at an auction, so you can imagine the condition of it. In fact, my mother has been stuck out on the river on it so many times when it chooses to break down that she refused to go out today!


Dad and I started at an local put in spot. We rode down looking for my aunt's house on the river. We tied up on her banks and climbed up to her house. After scaring her slightly with our sudden appearance, she went for a ride.




It was a fun ride with the exception of hitting a log stirred up by a barge. We saw some pretty limestone bluffs and friends at a local sand bar.
I enjoyed spending the day with my father.

- I should blame it on the iphone, but this girl cannot spell so please excuse any misspelled words

No comments:

Post a Comment