1.5.11

Breathless




I have spent the weekend helping my friend and her family recover from this devastating storm. I witnessed an outpouring of love and support for our community. Friends where barely knew her came to assist the family just because they needed the help.
While my friend is lucky in that her family is alive and well, many in her neighborhood are completely destroyed. Her mother will have to rebuild, but everyone survived.

My parents said that other areas of my hometown are just as bad. And as we left my friends house via the detour set in place to allow the power crew to clean up their lines, we witnessed whole areas wiped off the map.

Words or even pictures cannot describe the devastation left by this storm.

In both Tuscaloosa city and county schools, there are elementary schools destroyed that are being relocated. Many of these kids lost their homes, now couple that with the devastation at their schools. They will need all your prayers and support.

Please continue to pray for Tuscaloosa and others areas hard hit on April 27, 2011.

- I should blame it on the iphone, but this girl cannot spell so please excuse any misspelled words

No comments:

Post a Comment