22.5.11

Developing a new normal

It has been a while since I last wrote. I have had trouble finding the right voice to move on from the tragedy that struck my hometown.
I have begun to see a new normal begin to emerge. It is not the same old same old from the past, but instead it is a beautiful thing. I see neighbors helping neighbors.
I spent three mornings last week volunteering with a local elementary school whose children were greatly affected. It has been a very emotional experience and I found myself spending my afternoons in more quiet contemplation than normal. I am grateful for all that God has given me and appreciate my friends and family much more.
I do ask that you keep Tuscaloosa in your prayers over the next few months and years. I do have confidence that this city will emerge stronger and more united than it was prior to April 27, 2011.

I promise to get back to my regular blogging now.


Art work from the kids expressing their feelings from the storm.

- I should blame it on the iphone, but this girl cannot spell so please excuse any misspelled words

No comments:

Post a Comment