9.1.11

Sewing Sundays

This is a different type of Sewing Sunday, in that I am sharing a few things that I use to help organize my sewing closet!

When I was just sewing to mend items back in college, my mother purchased me a set of snapware containers like the one below with a divider trays in one of the levels.  I have used this regularly as my portable sewing box.

Source: Snapware

Source: Snapware
In the past year, I have out grown my one box and have been looking for something else to help organize the mess in my closet.  The day after Christmas at Tar-Get I discovered they had the holiday version of this container sans the dividers on sale.  I grabbed the last one eagerly. I mean red and green handle does not mean I cannot use it regularly!
Source: Snapware

I then purchased a set of dividers at Jo-Ann's Fabrics.  I also distributed the number of boxes between the two so that each set has three boxes (as opposed to one set of four and one set of two!).  

I also folded up all of my fabrics and placed them inside a bag, so that they are all contained and not drifting throughout the closet.  

Currently for my threads, both embroidery floss and machine ones, I have a few different boxes that I inherited to contain them.  For Christmas my Sister in Law, henceforth called Miss Marvelous, received an awesome container from her husband.
Source: Art Bin


I asked him about it and found out about it.  After organizing everything that I could, I decided to bite the bullet and purchase a container online.  Currently, it is in transit to my house and should arrive tomorrow!  Can we say, "Yippee!"

Tune in Next week for more on my organization and a picture of my closet now!  

No comments:

Post a Comment