17.7.11

Illness be gone

Part of the reason I have been missing in action:





I had been battling a major sinus infection (or so I thought) since my trip to Little Rock. Two different antibiotics and steroid treatments later, I had a relapse again. The third and final trip to the doctor (I hope) resulted in my diagnosis with Mono.

Before you laugh too hard, I did not cheat on LML. My guess is that I caught it from my tendency to share food and drinks with anyone. (Lesson learned and I will not be so eager to share in the future since I can pass this virus to people even after I recover.)

The doc in the box ordered me three days of IV antibiotics and steriods in addition to a stronger oral antibiotics. LML was at the doctor's office with me since I was miserable. Let's just say that he now understands why I dread doctor's offices. I spent over an hour with three different nurses and four different attempts to locate veins. (What can I say, I was born with it.) I am feeling pretty good right now, just tired.

I just have to spend the next few weeks trying to take it easy. It seems that is harder for me that I realized. I get really bored easily when it is me and the dogs at home alone during the week.
I am very grateful that my work is flexible and allowed me to work less hours while I recover.
So that is my update on life lately.

No comments:

Post a Comment