22.2.11

I am that girl

This morning is a BUSY BUSY day at work culminating a busy few months.  I am ready for tomorrow already because the craziness will cease!

In other news, I have also been working hard on my local Junior League Provisional Class project.  It is coming along but it seems to have consumed my life for a bit. 


Not My Jeep but same color and year...Mine does not have those fancy tires!
 I also started driving the Old Green Jeep.  It cracks me up because I have to let it run for a bit before I can drive it.  Then I have to only slightly press the gas pedal or else it stalls.  Did I mention it is an automatic?  I never knew a normal automatic could stall.  After about 5-6 minutes of running, the jeep is finally ready for my to really push the gas....Hence this morning, I scrambled to get it started prior to going out the door. 

It should probably be mentioned that I had to be at work quite early for me (i.e. at 7 am).  And my muffler needs work, thus makes loads of noise.  The same noise that my guy friends in my hometown pay money to have their trucks make.  You definitely can hear me before I ever reach you...This is not a vehicle made for stealth operations.

I normally pick up breakfast through a Drive-Thru on early mornings at work for myself and my coworkers to help us make it through a long day.  Today and until LML gets a new car and I get mine back, that is NOT an option!  I would have to have a back seat rider to accomplish the drive-thru!  My driver's main window does not roll down since the gears are stripped. 

At least, the little triangle window in the front does open because this makes up what I now lovingly refer to as my air-conditioner!  I also am thankful for the tape player and my ipod, since the radio does not pick up any stations. 

Despite my complaining, the jeep is not a bad vehicle and actually brings back fond memories of my father's Jeep CJ-5.  My father faithfully drove this everyday from 1977 when he bought it second hand until her inherited my great-grandmother's Bonneville in 1992.  It was disgusting and messy since it was his car.  It also needed a paint job back then (still does today) because the paint was like chalk and came off in your hand.  And it had no heat in the winter!  I still remember riding in it for my first day of school. 

My dad still has his jeep with the dent on the passenger side from where he hit a tree while I was sleeping against that window...Painful memory!  I do have to say it does make me feel better to know that my jeep actually requires a key to start it unlike my fathers. 

Anyways, BACK TO WORK!

No comments:

Post a Comment