5.12.10

Sewing Sundays

I still owe you all pictures from my curtains, but that will have to wait to next week.

Over the past year, I have learned to smock.  I know this sounds like something our mothers or even our grandmother would do.  Well the truth is, my mother and mother-in-law both smocked.  I adore the way smocked bishop dress look on little girls and boys look equally adorable in bubbles, among other items.

So far, I have just smocked one piece on an insert.  I hope to start smocking a dress for my friend's baby girl soon so that I can learn house to smock and assemble a quality dress.

I know many of you think I am crazy, but smocking is quite simple and easy to complete.  If you are interested in smocking, I have quite a few of my family's various smocking plates on my email.  Let me know if you are looking for a certain motif, I might be able to help you out.

No comments:

Post a Comment