28.11.10

Sewing Sundays

I am trying to start a weekly blog post on sewing, I cannot promise that I will post something every week.  I can promise that I will try to post as frequently as possible.

My Old Singer (sorry best picture on file)
As I have already stated, I just received a new sewing machine in advance for my Christmas gift.  I already love my machine, but it was not a decision that was made lightly.  I received an older model singer last year  from LML's late grandmother.  It is a very simple yet reliable machine.  It is still loved and will continue to reside in my house to be my "back-up" machine.

I used that original machine to make a few major projects for my house.  My first curtains (our of drop clothes) for a guest bedroom and currently making my curtains for my living and dining rooms.  The curtains for the living and dining rooms need to be hemmed, then they are ready to hang.  I also made a few baby slings for friends who had children and I should never forget my first ever sewing project, the apron.

Up next in my project list, I plan to make the valences for the living and dining room windows.  I also want to go ahead and learn to make heirloom quality clothing prior to having kids of my own.

I also hope to make my sister-in-law a smocking travel caddy so that she can transport her smocking supplies in one handy container.

3 comments:

  1. What a great idea...I started doing a like it, love it, must have it weds, on my blog, check it out..it keeps you committed to posting!



    I am excited to see what sewing projects you are working on!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Sewing is on my to do list - as in, learn to do it! Great to see you have some projects lined up.

    ...for St. Louis, here is my usual run down of recommendations other than the Arch (let me know if you have any additional questions too!):

    Anheuser-Busch brewery tour
    Soulard Farmer's Market
    City Museum
    Lunch at The Boathouse in Forest Park
    Saint Louis Zoo
    Art/History Museums in Forest Park
    Schlafly brewery tour (and stay for lunch)
    Grant's Farm
    Cathedral Basilica
    Botanical Gardens
    If you're interested, see a show at The Fox

    Here are two more good articles from Trip Advisor:

    http://www.tripadvisor.com/Travel-g44881-s1/Saint-Louis:Missouri:Inside.html

    http://www.tripadvisor.com/Tourism-g44881-Saint_Louis_Missouri-Vacations.html

    ReplyDelete
  3. I love to sew. I started about a year ago and have learned so much! I look forward to this weekly post! :)

    ReplyDelete