19.7.11

Dreaming Big

I am very lucky that I married someone who came with furniture of some quality.  I am unlucky in that not every piece is something that fits my style.  

I have finally determined that I love Chippendale, Federal, Georgian or Empire style furniture.  Most of the pieces that I do not love are Victorian style furniture.  I plan on living with it until sometime in the distant future I can afford to replace it with pieces that I absolutely love.  

In fact, in the pieces that I do buy current (i.e. saving money right now for a new couch), my policy is that I must adore the piece and see it fitting into my long range design plans.  

Recently, I had a night where I could not sleep, so I spent a few hours dreaming while playing on ebay.  I have determined that I want a piece of furniture that resembles the following pieces.  While I would love the authentic antique pieces, I am willing to settle on quality reproductions.


Source
I want this style table and hope that it can seat 10-12 with leaves in it because I adore the idea of the future family gathered around the table.
Source
This style chair with a different fabric. Source

1 comment: