12.1.11

Brain Dump

A. Camera Card Reader is stilling missing. I hope to locate tonight or else I will have to purchase a new one in the morning!

B. Work cracks me up...Where I work, I deal with forms that people fill out.  People who must list their name and address among many other things!  First of all some people scratch out what they write to the point where you are not sure what they want you to update.
    Additionally, there are students in my area who do not know their own address.  This just baffles me!  How can you live somewhere and not know your address?  What if you have an emergency?

C. Winter Storm 2010 (do not laugh those of you who reside in places that actually get winter weather regularly) still has the grocery stores wiped out! I know that before the storm you have the usual run on milk and bread...not that I understand it!  But it is Wednesday by gosh sakes and we still have no produce in the grocery store!  I had a friend over for her birthday dinner last night and I had to defrost a meal I had frozen since there was nothing to make her at the store!

D.  I have my first owner's class for my new sewing machine in the morning before work!  I am excited (probably doubly excited that I would have been if they had not cancelled my sewing class last night!).  Yes, I am a dork!

E.  I am heading to Atlanta this weekend to see my great-aunt and great-uncle.  I have not seen them in over a year.  I miss them!  I wish they were in better health and visited my hometown still!  I hope to make some of my olive dip and maybe one other item to take over to visit them but the grocery store best restock first!

F.  I have not cooked much this week due to item C and the state of the grocery store.  This weekend I did cook. LML asked me to cook up the potatoes that were going bad, so I decided that I would make gnochi out of them.  Let me just say, I burned my thumb really badly while peeling my boiled potatoes!  It was not pretty and I was not much fun for a while!  It is healing up right now pretty well, I will give credit to my mother-in-law's Christmas gift of homemade hand cream (Baby lotion, vitamin E cream and 1 other ingredient I forgot all mixed together).  My gnochi was a rated a 6 out of 10 by both LML and myself.  I think the dogs rated it a 10 plus.  They all three kept begging for more after I slipped them their initial bite.  I think I am going to try again since mine was too dense...I blame myself for this!  I know I can do better.  And next time, I will be more careful with my hot potatoes!

No comments:

Post a Comment